Redemptorist Church Requirements
REDEMPTORIST PARISH CEBU…PASTORAL POLICY FOR MARRIAGES
- Couples intending to marry should come for a PRE MARRIAGE INTERVIEW.
At least ONE MONTH before the intended date for their wedding.
- PRE MARRIAGE INTERVIEW: TUESDAY ONLY at 3:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M.
- It is highly recommended that couples celebrate their marriage in the actual parish where they have their residence.
- Those preparing for marriage must attend a formal PRE - CANA SEMINAR.
1st Sunday :Redemptorist 8AM – 5PM 253-6315/6341
2nd Sunday :Capitol Parish 1PM – 5PM 255-8516
:Sacred Heart 1PM – 7PM 253-6479
3rd Sunday :Mabolo Parish 8AM – 5PM 232-5979/4128096
4th Sunday :San Vicente 8AM – 5PM 2561491
They should celebrate the sacrament of RECONCILIATION before their wedding day.
- Care must be taken to safeguard and dignity and solemnity of the celebration and of the place.
To avoid distraction from the Liturgy, the following are to be observed:
a.) As much as possible, the celebration must be SIMPLE and devoid of lavish decorations & unnecessary additions; *
b.) A large entourage be discouraged. One pair of sponsor only is highly recommended; *
c.) The participation of young boys and girls who can hardly walk be discouraged *
d.) Only appropriate songs be sung. The use of secular and popular songs in church is forbidden. No singing during the rite; *
e.) The presence of photographers and the used of video be regulated and minimized.
[Statues of the Fourth Diocesan Synod of Cebu *]
- Couples and their entourage should arrive in church fifteen (15) minutes before their marriage schedule and be in their places at the altar before the agreed time for their Mass to begin.
- One Hour only is allotted for the use of the church for weddings.
- Eighteen Years Old is the minimum required age for marriage.
- PAPERS NEEDED:
1. Baptismal Certificate of both - original copy
2. Confirmation Certificate of both - original copy
3. Pre-Cana Seminar Certificate - original copy
4. Marriage License
5. Marriage Contract (Photocopy only) if civilly married
6. Letter of Permission from the Parish Priest (if not under Redemptorist Parish. This must be taken after the Pre-Marriage Interview)
MARRIAGES: TUESDAY, FRIDAY, SATURDAY – 9:00AM; 10:30AM & 3:30PM
1st & 3rd SAT. 7:45AM – COMMUNITY WEDDING
THURSDAY – 3:30PM ONLY
NO EXEMPTIONS ENTERTAINED
- If you make a special liturgy, please submit a draft of approval before printing.
- AGREEMENT (use of church for one hour)
15 minutes late – no singing
20 minutes late – no mass (ceremony only)
30 minutes late – no wedding
MARRIAGE FEES: Php 6,000 (parishioners)
Php 8,000 (non-parishioners)
THANK YOU FOR YOUR FULL COOPERATION.